The Seven Seas.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Day Four: Broom Closet

Fridays are dedicated to all things spooky, freaky, and occult. The reason these happen to be such large interests of mine? Well, I'm a witch.

Yep, if you had your suspicions allow me to confirm them. I've been a practicing pagan for the last four years, and some kind of eclectic many moons before that. The technical term for my religion is Eclectic Neo-pagan, or just plan Pagan. Neo-pagan gets a lot of flack and has been associated with some unsavory things, this is why I normally just call myself Pagan. Now that you know what has basically been my biggest (and worst kept) secret for the last four years, let's talk about am's and am not's.

I am not:

  • A worshiper of Satan
    • I don't even believe in the Christian Satan.
  • Evil
    • Most of my practice includes protection magic and healing.
  • Crazy
    • This one is still up for debate but I feel quite sane.
  • Made of wood
    • I really don't know where this one comes from, but no. Unfortunately, I am not made of wood. That would be super cool though.
am:
  • Real
    • I've been pretty real my whole life I think.
  • The same person as I always have been
    • This is the big one. I'm no different than I've always been. I just celebrate weird holidays. I get weirdly suspicious about certain weather phenomena. I get really excited about rocks, and I might tell you to drink tea that I make but, like, really insistently.
Why am I telling you all of this? Because of the way being Pagan works, everything is highly personal and specific. There are general rules I don't follow because I'm not Wiccan, for example. If I want to tell you about tarot, spells, or holidays (which not every Witch celebrates) then you need to know my point of reference. Now is the part where I tell you pretty detailed stuff about witchcraft that you may or may not be interested in.

A lot of what I do, as far as magic is concerned, is based on divination and intuition. I found my calling with tarot cards and crystals, so that was where a lot of my study was based. As I've grown as a Witch I've turned my focus to healing, protection, and emotional stimulation magic which I'm naturally gifted in. This means if I notice pain or imbalances I'll try and assist or correct them. This doesn't alway mean I do a huge ritual, occasionally it just means being a good listener. Magic isn't always like the movies, sometimes it's just being a kind person. Especially when it's difficult.

As far as worship goes, because this is still a religion for me, I found a calling in Pan and Venus. There is a complicated theory I hold in regards to deities, that every deity is just a different aspect of a whole cosmic energy. I guess you could say I'm a bit agnostic that way. Which is why I'm able to believe in the Christian God and Norse Gods simultaneously. To me, they're both equally true and real, I just identify more with this culture or community's depiction. This being said, I don't just pick and choose who to follow without conscience. I have to feel called to that particular deity to have any interaction at all. Enter Pan and Venus.

Overall I'm just like every other spiritual, new age hippie. I just add ritual, holiday, and religion to my free spirit. I don't try and hurt people, I live this way because it makes me feel happy!




Some of you are going to have no problem with this, to which I say thanks. Some of you are going to fear for my mortal soul and think me rotten. You can think as you please, I know that the universe has a plan for me. Hopefully, this is part of it.  
May swift winds carry you.
\\.Jukebox.//

No comments:

Post a Comment