The Seven Seas.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Day Two: Headliner Lineage

Norma "Flower" Jury
6.9.1926-7.23.2017
So first off this post is a day late because of course there would be a death in the family this week. I'm not exactly heartbroken, but I'm definitely not okay. However, there was nothing that made Flower happier when we talked, then when I let her know that I was still writing. I'll end this thought on this note, tell your families, your friends, your dog that you love them. Try and visit more with people you don't see often, and let things go. I'll love and miss you Flower, forever and ever.

Okay!

Since we're restarting this blog a little early, we don't actually have a book for book club. I thought that we'd take this time for a little open discussion. I'll let you know what I've been reading, and you tell me what you've been reading! It'll be a great way to get some new books (even though I really shouldn't be buying any).

Book one is The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. Coincidently this is the fourth book in the series and the final book. The Raven Cycle follows Blue Sargent and four boys from Aglionby Academy, a prestigious boarding school in Henrietta a small fictional town in Virgina.Blue meets up with Gansy (Richard 'Dick' Gansey III) who is hunting a welsh king who may or may not be magic with his three best friends. This series is all the best parts of supernatural mysteries with well-rounded teen characters thrown in the mix. There are parts that will make you laugh and cry in equal measure and a mystery that will keep you guessing. Overall, if you're looking for a new series to start, and aren't afraid of ghosts, The Raven Cycle is worth a go.


Book two is Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I'll be honest, while I'm in love with the characters, the story and tone leave something to be desired. I can't even give a really good description of what's happening. However, if you're looking for something fun and classic, you really can't go wrong. Though if you had a choice between Wuthering Heights and Pride and Prejudice go with the latter.

That's not the full list of what I'm currently reading, but if I gave you that we'd be here all day. I'll ask again, what are you reading right now? How do you feel about it?

\\.Jukebox.//

3 comments:

  1. I really, really, really don't like Wuthering Heights. To the point where I got half way through and decided I couldn't continue with it. The way it was written was probably the only interesting part to me. I didn't like the characters and, as you said, the plot left something to be desired. This all really sucked because I really wanted to like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to finish "The Secret Life of Bees" it's pretty good. Takes place in South Carolina during the 1960s. It's really good makes my heart hurt ;-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep looking at this book! I'll probably pick it up eventually!

      Delete